INTRODUCING GHOSTBUSTER INFECTION CONTROL
We are excited to take infection control to an entirely new level with the use of PermaSAFE - a product that has been approved by the EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2. PermaSAFE also meets the EPA’s emerging pathogen requirements for enveloped and non-enveloped viruses. COVID-19 is an enveloped virus.
PermaSAFE is a 2-step disinfection and protection process that uses an electrostatic charge to prevent the growth of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), which is the food source to microorganisms, for example, viruses - including COVID-19, bacteria, and fungi.
Prior to the application of PermaSafe, the MediClean & Shield Infection Prevention Specialist tests numerous sites throughout our dental office. Measuring the ATP and microbial levels is essential in answering the question of “how do we know our infectious control protocols are working.” We test, therefore, we know!
Step 1 is the CLEAN step that kills 99.9% of germs, bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, and other harmful microorganisms on nonporous surfaces, fabric, and carpet while also eliminating odors and allergens.
Step 2 is the SHIELD step that bonds to the nonporous surfaces, fabric and carpet. As the shield dries, it creates millions of positively charged microscopic “spikes” that extend up from the surface. Viruses, bacteria, and other microbes are negatively charged. The negatively charged microbes are electro-statically pulled onto the positively charged “spikes” and destroyed.
PermaSAFE is applied in our office every 90 days with testing periodically between applications to ensure you are continuously protected. Our MediClean & Shield certification seal is posted at both entrances to the office, as well as on the Sterilization Center window.
We have affectionately named the PermaSAFE process “Ghostbuster Infection Control” because the backpacks with the bright green lights seen in the picture reminds us of the 1984 movie, so “who ya gonna call about Whitley Family Dental Ghostbuster Infection Control Protocol?” The answer is please contact Tamara!
Dr. Bill, and our team, are thankful that the healthcare world has learned what we have known for years:
- Overall healthcare begins with oral healthcare
- Dental healthcare - including periodontal and proactive cleanings - IS essential healthcare
- Postponing smaller procedures/cleanings can lead to longer term issues and more costly procedures in the future
- Dental visits are safe if your dentist follows these infectious control standards
- Article Links that enforce these principles:
It’s Safe to go to the Dentist - https://www.insider.com/its-safe-to-go-the-dentist-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-9
Correlation of Routine Dental Care to COVID-19 -https://www.cda.org/Home/News-and-Events/Newsroom/Article-Details/routine-dental-care-may-protect-against-severe-covid-19-related-complications
How can you prevent contracting or spreading COVID-19?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. If you do not have access to soap and water, use 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Do not use your hands
- Get the vaccine. At 95% efficacy, the vaccine is extraordinarily effective at protecting you from the virus.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Calling in advance will allow your healthcare provider to quickly direct you to the right healthcare facility.